Thursday 21 October 2010

Salon International and other adventures

I had a great time working for Mahogany at Salon International last weekend and am SO excited about my new "pro model" hair!! xD Here's some pics I took on my phone of my show hair. I haz fringe and mini-undercut (the front is still long enough for dressing)!


It has a subtle-yet-noticeable deep purple shine to the top section, which I personally love but am happy to say, can easily conceal for photographers who prefer plain old brown ;) I also love the new shade of brown they gave me; it's all warm and chocolatey and nom ^^

I do want to get some shots of the purple before it washes out, though! Here's a better snap of it:

Anita lent me her MAC Cyber lipstick when we went out in Camden Friday night. I must buy one myself, it's such a cool colour for a purple-haired lady :D

I was staying at Anita De Bauch's gorgeous little North London flat for the four nights I was in London and as well as doing Salon International together we had a fun night out in Camden on Friday night (silly snapshots to follow) and visited The National Galleries on Saturday, which was very inspiring :) I want to move to London now!

I also shot some art nude style dance photos at Studio Face on Friday morning, which not only gave me my first experience of shooting completely topless but also a crash course on using the tube! I'm also adept at using the night buses after coming home Friday night and leaving the house so early for the show on Sunday morning that the tube hadn't opened yet!

I got on so well with Simon Pinto of Mahogany that he booked me as a demonstration model the very day after the show, at Mahogany Academy, where my cut got sharpened up so the look now is more "Matrix" and less soft and romantic. I look like an anime character ^^ I'll post pics as soon as I have them!

For now I'll leave you with another pre-haircut & colour pic from my shoot with Phil GW Photography last month- hair and makeup by Heather Talbot :)

Must remember to take my rings off when I'm shooting, they're really not photogenic :s

I'm pretty sure I've lost weight since this shot was taken thanks to five days of partaking in Anita's unbelievably healthy diet and exercise regime :0 I'll have to compare with the photos from today's boudoir shoot, when I see them, hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment